1. Over 53 percent of seven to nine year olds picked strawberries as their favorite fruit.
2. Eight strawberries will provide 140 percent of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C for kids.
3. One cup of strawberries is only 55 calories.
4. There is a museum in Belgium just for strawberries.
5. Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen in the spring.
6. Strawberries are a member of the rose family.
7. On average, there are 200 seeds in a strawberry.
8. The fruit size of the very early strawberries was very small.
9. Ninety-four per cent of United States households consume strawberries.
10. California produces an amazing one billion pounds of strawberries each year.
11. Lebanon, Oregon’s annual strawberry festival is home to the world’s largest strawberry shortcake.
12. If all the strawberries produced in California in one year were laid berry to berry, they would go around the world 15 times.
13. The flavor of a strawberry is influenced by whether, the variety and stage of ripeness when harvested.